Monday, June 18, 2012

Job Hunt Week 2

Welcome back!
As you can probably guess from the fact that I’m blogging I made it back from my week of being a military dog.
So here goes week 2.
Item: Stethoscope
This week I tried my paw at being a doctor. I started in on the tests I had to take in order to become a doctor. Boy those tests are HARD! I passed but there was no way I was going to perform a surgery! That was too scary. Instead I just sat on the side and watched. The doctors I worked with are really talented. It takes a lot of skill to make the cuts and stitches needed in surgery. My paws just can’t move like theirs do.
While there I also got to help out with patient testing. I got to tell someone they had an ear infection. I signed my paw on the line for them to get some medication to get better.
But I have to say my favorite thing I got to do while working at the hospital was getting to see all the service dogs who came in to cheer up the patients.  They would come in and nap with them, or play games with them, or the patients would read to them. I know they didn’t do much but the smiles that spread across the patients’ faces who got to interact with the service dogs was priceless.
 




















They do a lot of good going in and visiting the sick. It makes them happy and they smile and laugh. As the saying goes laughter is the best medicine!
So let’s say good bye with a laugh…
Dog Dictionary
WASTEBASKET: This is a dog toy filled with paper, envelopes and old candy wrappers. It is important to evenly distribute its contents throughout the house before your person comes home.
CHILDREN: Short humans of optimal petting height. Standing close to one assures some good petting. When running, they are good to chase. If they fall down, they are comfortable to sit on.
LOVE: A feeling of intense affection, given freely and without restriction. The best way you can show your love is to wag your tail. If you're lucky, a human will love you in return.

Howls From the Hound

No comments:

Post a Comment